Sunday 12 February 2012

Getting personal




















No travels around the country this week... sadly. I had some electronic gadgets to shoot which required a fair amount of retouching due to being in less than pristine condition! Sometimes I wish my lenses weren't quite so sharp! Another shoot with some young lawyers who were very friendly and agreeable, which helped no amount as it was a rather fast paced experience, lots of thinking on my feet! A couple of small shoots in retail environments rounded the week out for me.

Unfortunately as with so many shoots, I can't post images until the clients have themselves used them. I will endeavour to try and take a few more behind the scenes pics when the pace allows. The clients wouldn't be too impressed with sneak previews on my blog methinks!

I do however have a sneak preview of the first stage of an image I took for a personal project. One of the things you hear from successful photographers time and time again is the importance of personal work to nourish your portfolio. Sound advice indeed! Believe it or not it's not all super models and exotic locations in a working week (see above), well not in my world anyway! So I am determined this year to make time and put some ideas into action, further procrastination will not be tolerated! First off the bat involves a wonderful retired couple Glyn and David and their classic car. The image will be a composite and I am currently scouting out a suitable location to be the background of the image, oh and I need to wait for the next full moon... because I need a werewolf! Just kidding, it's the moon I'm after, although now I come to think of it a werewolf would be cool!

I will post updates as the image takes shape, now where's that silver bullet...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please try and keep comments relevant and polite. Any abusive posts will be immediately removed.