Sunday 3 June 2012

Blown Away



















Plenty more kms on the clock again this week - 1200 over 4 days and masses of fantastic scenery. Winter has a firm grip now though and so grey skies and rain hindered the Kodak moments en route. Actually I wonder what moments we have now Kodak has filed for bankruptcy?

Being out in the elements is all good though and I had a great experience just north of Palmerston North. As you might have seen from a previous blog entry, I do like a wind farm and just north of Palmy is a whole smorgasbord of them!

The shot here shows some of the turbines at Te Apiti. It was a brief moment in between the rain and cloud with a magical glimpse of light. What the picture doesn't show is how incredibly windy it was - I could barely stay upright it was so strong.

I managed to wedge the end of the lens against a fence post just long enough to fire off a couple of shots before being blown over. The force of the wind was staggering and the sound of the turbine blades cutting through the air was quite surreal.

After an hour or so of being wind blasted I drove down into Woodville, to a wonderful cafe called Yummy Mummy's for a recharge. Mmmm caramel slice blaarrghhhh (and other Homer Simpson noises)! It took me a while to work out why everyone was giving me funny looks 'til I caught sight of my reflection and saw my 'attacked by a rabid hoover' hairstyle - some might reckon its an improvement of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please try and keep comments relevant and polite. Any abusive posts will be immediately removed.